Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I thought it was spring?

Man, it won't stop being cold out! I can deal with the rain, after all it IS Portland, but the cold is driving me crazy! It won't get over 60 on a good day if we are lucky and that is when it is dry out. We had maybe 3 good, dry, awesome ad warm days so far but they went away real fast. Uh well. I only hope that summer will last longer.
Moving here from new Mexico I was ready for the weather and knew there wold be a dramatic change but I never expected it to be as cold as it was in NM!
ok that's over with, I needed o vent. (of course as I write this it gets suny and warm out!)
More venting...
I hate Tri Geeks.
Roadies I can sometimes (SOMETIMES) deal with, fixies and urban types, no problem, but Tri Geeks. The most anal retentive types I have ever had the mis fortune for working for.
Until recently, I have been working as the service manager at a "pro tri shop" out in Hillsboro Oregon, to make sure we are making enough to cover our expenses and get the bikes launched on time. Not selling bike yet so the $ has to come from somewhere, y'dig? well, they thought it would be fun to go ahead and downsize me and bring in a less skilled and les qualified mechanic and another sales person to work for what they were paying me. Eh. no accounting for taste and knowledge at least. I really didn't like the place and the commute SUCKED. Never really felt like I fit in there and never appreciated the rude, dirty and foul tri geeks that went in there either (let alone a few of the employees).
So needless to say I am hocking my wears as Lunch Box Labs Master of hash browns freelance style out here until all is good to go for launch of the bikes this October!
I am working on a new version of the web site for One Ghost Industries as well and I'l be posting that here soon to see what everyone thinks of it.
Cheers, beers and wrenches!

No comments: